Papplewick pumping station

The pumping stationReturn to the menu page

The pumping station was built in 1881-1885 to pump water from the Bunter sandstone, as a source of drinking water for the city of Nottingham. The Victorian buildings, boilers, and beam engine have been preserved. The splendid painted cast iron fittings and stained glass of the main hall are much admired. The building is set in landscaped grounds with ponds and fountains.

 

 

For more information about the pumping station and details of the working days, visit the 
pumping station web site.