This view was probably taken in the 1880s. It shows a thatched farmhouse and buildings on the west side of Main Street. To the left of the photograph is the stone barn which still remains. By the time the map below was published in 1915, the farmhouse had gone.
|This extract is taken from the 25" OS map for 1915, sheet 33.9|