Papplewick PARISH HISTORY

 PAPPLEWICK GRANGE FARM.


Grange farm developed on the site of Grange Mill.  The farmhouse, workers cottages and barn were arranged around a courtyard which lay to the west of Moor Road, and northwest of the Papplewick Grange.

   return to home

This map, from the OS 25" plan (sheet 33.5) shows Papplewick Grange in 1915.  The track north of the house leads to Grange Farm.  
This is a view, along the track from Moor Road, of the eastern facade of the buildings.  To the right, behind the railings, is the site of Grange mill.  The farmhouse has since been demolished.

This picture was taken in 2000.  It shows the western facade of the remaining old buildings on the site.  These fancy stonework details were probably recovered from the Grange mill building when it was demolished.

Return to top / return to the menu page